Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Why Do I Have to TEACH Reading?

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Why Do I Have to TEACH Reading?:

Why Do I Have to TEACH Reading?

I watched my kids today after we came in from Recess and loved what I saw.They were sprawled all over the room. Some were in the Sponge Bob duct taped "used to be my sons'"video chairs. Some sat on the fluffy pink and aqua bean bags I purchased in Five Below. (They were on sale.:)) Others grabbed the carpet strips I begged asked my local Home Depot for last year.
They were reading.

During the summer, I came across the app, Level It Books, and decided it was time to get my classroom library in order. I went to the Dollar store and purchased baskets. (I spend way too much money on this classroom). I scanned in every book I had and I was ready! Today my