Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Daily Kos: Fifty years later . . .

Daily Kos: Fifty years later . . .:

Fifty years later . . .

Tomorrow will be the exact date and day, because it was Monday June 24, 1963 that 348 members of the Class of 1963 at Mamaroneck High School officially graduated.
This weekend was our 50th reunion, about which I offered some preliminary reflections yesterday.
I drove home to Virginia this morning, remarkably making the trip from Rye NY where I was staying in 4 hours.  Along the way I reflected about the weekend, about the past, and even pondered the future.
A number of my classmates are Facebook friends - many asked how my wife is doing, as they are aware of her situation because I post the links to my diaries on Facebook.  That was nice,
Yesterday was a very different day - for me it started with conversations in the hotel lobby.  Then many of us gathered at Walter's Hot Dog Stand on Palmer Avenue across from the high school, to eat, to share, to catch up.  A few additional people had joined us by then.  Last night we had a dinner and a dance with a live band -