Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Chicago Tribune’s Eric Zorn writes: “You are contemptible. You want to be taken seriously?” | Fred Klonsky

The Chicago Tribune’s Eric Zorn writes: “You are contemptible. You want to be taken seriously?” | Fred Klonsky:


The Chicago Tribune’s Eric Zorn writes: “You are contemptible. You want to be taken seriously?”

A week ago I criticized a recent post by Chicago Tribune writer Eric Zorn. He had written a pretty ugly piece mocking the suggestion that the Mayor’s school closings were racist.
More than 90% of the students affected are African-American in a school district where 42% of the enrollment is African-American.
Zorn responds instead to a post I wrote about his reporting, or lack of it, on the Persepolis book banning issue.
Fred,
Didn’t we straighten this out before, Fred? My daughter told me about this on Thursday night. I thought it sounded like a student rumor but thought I’d check it out the next morning. By that time