Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 5, 2013

Are you an IEA Retired member who has not received a mailed ballot? | Fred Klonsky

Are you an IEA Retired member who has not received a mailed ballot? | Fred Klonsky:


Are you an IEA Retired member who has not received a mailed ballot?

I’m out of town for a family wedding this weekend.
I wasn’t going to say much.
But I have received messages from some IEA Retired members saying that they have not received their ballots for NEA RA delegate.
The deadline for getting them back is April 24th.
They are contacting me because they want to vote for me.
I appreciate that. But I can’t get them a ballot.
Only the IEA can.
But since these are votes for me, I have some concerns.
Years of neglect from leaders in Springfield meant that 400 IEA Retired members had no Skokie chapter to join.
Working with current Retired Chair Janet Kilgus, we are having our first meeting April 24th.
Bureaucratic obstacles meant that although I retired in June and joined IEA Retired in September, I was not allowed to run for IEA RA delegate.
And now there are these reports of ballots not going out. Maybe it is isolated. Maybe not.
If you are an IEA Retired member who has not received a ballot in the mail for NEA RA delegate or Retired Council, contact the IEA.
The staff person is kim.riley@ieanea.org


Travel day.

review_blog_TWO-LANE_BLACKTOP-594x402

IEA Retired. Send me to the NEA RA.

photo

Ballots must be received by the IEA by April 24th.