Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 22, 2013

Edy the Warrior – @ the chalk face

Edy the Warrior – @ the chalk face:


Edy the Warrior

I have never been to Austin, Texas, so I have no idea how clean it is.  I know that the slogan, “Don’t mess with Texas,” is very well known in the U.S. (and that littering fines can be hefty), but corporate reform fighters like Edy Chamness are giving that slogan a new meaning.
20130202-Michels-Edy-Chamness-OptOut1-712x475
The Texas Observer gave us a great article about my good [Facebook] friend, Edy, as she showed her strength and resolve in sticking up for her son against the storm of standardized testing and budget cuts threatening Austin’s public schools.  She also got props for her Facebook page, Texas Parents Opt Out of State Tests.
The only thing that really chaps my hide (they say that in Texas, right?) is that apparently opt-outers are “fringe”