Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 22, 2013

Daily Kos: Well, if you want to know how I responded

Daily Kos: Well, if you want to know how I responded:


Well, if you want to know how I responded

I can point you at what I wrote.
If you do not understand what this is about, several days ago I posted So tell me how you might respond.  Something I had written originally at Academe had been posted by Valerie Strauss at her blog at theWashington Post, where it proceeded to go viral.  I had mentioned Jay Mathews in the piece, and he responded with a piece in which he somewhat disagreed with me.
Jay and I will have our own direct back and forth, but in the meantime I chose to accept an invitation from Valerie to write something directly for her blog, which went up today as Teacher questions value of AP program
Unfortunately, I cannot simply crosspost here what I wrote there - it is considered Post content even though I was not paid for it, and I can quote nothing beyond fair use.  To encourage you to read it, let me offer a snippet