Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tom King's Blog of De-Fog!: Want Kids to Learn? Put Them in Charge - Well, Almost!

Tom King's Blog of De-Fog!: Want Kids to Learn? Put Them in Charge - Well, Almost!:


Want Kids to Learn? Put Them in Charge - Well, Almost!

Want to know a secret?

Something that will have more kids learning more?

Something you can have your students do that takes only a few minutes a day.

It's so simple you won't believe it. And if you pay it forward, it could change the K12 world for the better in an iFlash! It's called iLearner. Short for I'm the Learner. I'm the one in charge. I'm the only one who can make my learning happen.

It's the answer to the question: Who's responsible for my learning?

The answer is, altogether now, "I am!"

Riddle me this? Why have we left the most important part of learning out of the learning equation? The answer is at the bottom of this rant.

Back in the early 21st century someone thought that quality in K12 education was like quality in producing