Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Josh Birdwell – Why I am in College, and support Uncollege. | Student Voice

Josh Birdwell – Why I am in College, and support Uncollege. | Student Voice:


Josh Birdwell – Why I am in College, and support Uncollege.


Popout
Always have to start with an amazing video. Plus Sir Ken Robinson is an amazing speaker!
I wanted to share my perspective because I am a student at Oklahoma State University yet, attended Uncollege’s Hackademic. In my life, I found a balance between college and this movement known as unschoolingExactly what does unschooling mean to me: I believe that it begins when you come to a realization that learning takes place further than the outlined course work. Also, there are multiple ways to be an educated man. My main point I preach is taking your education into your own hands. This comes about from experiencing and getting away from the textbook to go discover. A student needs to understand why they are in college and not idle by following the norms. Walking to class everyday, I look around and wonder why are people