Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How My Son Really Started Walking | The Jose Vilson

How My Son Really Started Walking | The Jose Vilson:


How My Son Really Started Walking


It’s obvious he does things his way.
When he first came out of the womb, he yelled at the nurses in the hospital for making reference to Lady Gaga’s version of his name. When in the nursing station, he slept on his side whereas everyone else slept on their back. During my first few hours with him, he pooped, peed, and spit up on me, the holy daddy trifecta. He didn’t care much for my swaddles, no matter how tight I wrapped him.
So it should come at no surprise that he didn’t want to follow the axiom: “You gotta learn to crawl before you learn to walk.”
First came the rolling around to get from point A to point B, and not even in a straight line. It looked more like roll