Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES:


WEEKEND QUOTABLES



Sen. Jacqueline Collins
"I voted against restoring Tamms' funding, and I urge the governor to proceed in closing this troubled and controversial facility, transferring its inmates to other prisons and respecting their human rights through responsible correctional practices." -- Chicago Reporter
Chicago teacher Michael Doyle
“I’m a teacher. I’m a parent. So I understand this game. When I hear this word utilization, I’ve never heard that word used before in education.”  -- Sun-Times
 Kelly High School parent Anita Caballero
“I keep hearing about more charters. How about us not closing schools? How about keeping