Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NYC Educator: The Fifteen Commandments

NYC Educator: The Fifteen Commandments:


The Fifteen Commandments

 by Suddenly ATR 

Since Hurricane Sandy hit I've been assigned to the same high school. It's a new school, only in its second year. The principal has Big Plans for this school. He wants it to eventually become a specialized high school, along the lines of Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, or Townsend Harris.

This is a school with Very Strict Rules. The AP is a very brusque lady who one morning accused me of being late. I calmly told her I wasn't late, I was sent by her very own payroll secretary to cover a class for a teacher who actually was running late. The other day she bought pizza for the staff since it was snowing but the payroll secretary pointedly guarded each slice, and made sure I couldn't have one. I'm told that I'm getting the "nice" treatment for an ATR. Earlier this year they