Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Dennis. « Fred Klonsky

Dear Dennis. « Fred Klonsky:


Dear Dennis.

Dennis Van Roekel
President, National Education Association
November 13, 2012
Dear Dennis.
Like you, I was pretty pleased with the results of the election on Tuesday.
Let me qualify that. I was mostly pleased. 
I have to say, that even apart from the defeat of Romney, this was one of the most broadly based progressive electoral victories in a national election in my memory: Tax support for education in California. Marriage equality in a number of states. The defeat of the Republican Superintendent of Education in red state Indiana. Advances in representation by women and minorities. A long list. Longer than I have room to write in this letter.
It is significant, I think, that for the first time in history the Democratic Caucus in Congress in now made up by a


Ten minute drawing. A deal with the devil.


Click on drawing to enlarge.