Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daily Kos: Bus Tour with teacherken: Ground Zero aka Madison

Daily Kos: Bus Tour with teacherken: Ground Zero aka Madison:


Bus Tour with teacherken: Ground Zero aka Madison

This is cross-posted from Education Votes of the National Education Association, for whom I am serving as an embedded blogger aboard the Stop the Greed Agenda Bus Tour of Patriot Majority USA
I do not mean to offend in using the term Ground Zero, which since 9/11/2001 has assumed a particular meaning.  Yet if one considers what happened in Wisconsin when people occupied the Capitol and began the pushback against the Greed Agenda put forth by the likes of the Koch Brothers, clear the label is appropriate.
This was also a personal moment for me, which I will explain anon.
The site for our event was appropriate:  the Madison Area Labor Temple:
IMG_1049
While our rally was in the parking lot behind, I decided to go into the building.  I'm glad I did, because just inside the front entrance are some magnificent fresco work.  Here are two photographs to convince you that if in Madison it is worth a visit:
IMG_1050

 Please keep reading     Daily Kos: Bus Tour with teacherken: Ground Zero aka Madison: