Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 30, 2012

School Tech Connect

School Tech Connect:


The Rockford Files

Did I call this, or what?
Kerry Knodle, executive director of Comprehensive Community Solutions, the group behind the green-career-focused charter school and YouthBuild Rockford, said he plans to appeal the board’s decision with the State Charter School Commission, which has a multi-step, lengthy process. 
It's an interesting article---- looks like the school board basically just smelled a rat with this operator and said no. These credit-recovery people, as well as the boutique charter people are going to be nipping away at the public schools for the rest of time, given the uncritical cheerleading that the charter sector has gotten from the Obama administration.

Anyway, I only play an expert on tv; I'm not a real one. I've lost the thread of the charter law here in Illinois. It seems to me that the