Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 5, 2012

CLEARLY LAUSD/UTLA HAVE NO INTEREST IN ASKING WHY THE VALUE ADDED MODEL (VAM) DOESN'T WORK - Perdaily.com

CLEARLY LAUSD/UTLA HAVE NO INTEREST IN ASKING WHY THE VALUE ADDED MODEL (VAM) DOESN'T WORK - Perdaily.com:


CLEARLY LAUSD/UTLA HAVE NO INTEREST IN ASKING WHY THE VALUE ADDED MODEL (VAM) DOESN'T WORK

(Mensaje se repite en Español)

(For a national view of public education reform see the end of this blog post)


With the passing of Gore Vidal last week, I'm having second thoughts about whether in the final analysis education has any value other than as a source of amusement and/or frustration for those of us who have enough of it to either get the sick joke or frustration that comes with understanding what's going on in public education. The phrase that keeps coming back to me from James Joyce's Ulysses is, "History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake." Presumably, if I didn't know history, at the very least I wouldn't be aware that I was living in a nightmare. Add to this
Gore Vidal.jpg
the rather chilling trivial coincidence that