Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Geaux Teacher!: PUBLIC RECORDS ACT VS. LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

Geaux Teacher!: PUBLIC RECORDS ACT VS. LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:


PUBLIC RECORDS ACT VS. LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

Earlier today a Facebook friend and teacher posted the following note on my page:

"The element of gifted is listed as a component in the development of my score as a teacher. I emailed the state department to find out how it is used. The person answering my email sent me links to material that mentioned gifted. None of it answered my question as to HOW gifted was factored in. Therefore, I emailed AGAIN with the information that the material they sent had not answered my question. I never did get an answer. Yesterday at a meeting, I was told that gifted would have to make more progress on their scores than other students. . . which makes no sense to me since many are already at the top of the range. . where are they supposed to go? It's very worrisome for me."


For those of you (probably even most teachers) with little knowledge of the provisions of Act 54
http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=711248