Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 13, 2012

School Tech Connect: Wall Street Has Spoken

School Tech Connect: Wall Street Has Spoken:


Wall Street Has Spoken

This blogging is a full-time commitment, isn't it?

Going to try to get back to it today---- I see from the email traffic that they're going to ram a pension bill through the legislature as early as next week.

I have no doubt it will succeed. Evidently the state is about to be double downgraded by the gatekeepers of the 1%, and that scenario will make it difficult to keep the doors open across the state.

Evidently the thinking is that even an unconstitutional maneuver will buy some time, and that the costs spent on defending the sure-to-be-struck-down cuts will be peanuts compared to the cost of being downgraded by Wall Street.

Who friggin knows anymore?

I did notice that my own representative, the one I'm responsible for, the lovely and talented Kelly Cassidy,voted "No" on the state retiree health care grab-back, for which I applaud her.  
I think there's an argument that that particular bill is