Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Why Every Teacher Should be Treated Like They Teach at Scarsdale High | California Father

Why Every Teacher Should be Treated Like They Teach at Scarsdale High | California Father:


Why Every Teacher Should be Treated Like They Teach at Scarsdale High


I recently had a visit by a beloved teacher. Below is a thank you note to a friend who brought us together:
Larry,
Thank you so much for reconnecting me with Chris Douglass. He came over yesterday for brunch and we spent a few hours catching up. They were a magical few hours that I will never forget. I woke up today with one thought: how lucky I was to have had such a brilliant man teaching me English. Blest. All of his students were. The reason we were blest? Chris was a happy teacher. Not only did he love what he was doing; the school encouraged him to do what he loved to do. I will extrapolate and say that that was why many of my teachers in Scarsdale were happy. They were encouraged to pursue their calling. How did Chris get to this nurturing place?