Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mother Crusader: A Tale of Two Residences (And Offices)

Mother Crusader: A Tale of Two Residences (And Offices):

A Tale of Two Residences (And Offices)

OK, so no confirmation hearing for Chris Cerf on Thursday. Like Jersey Jazzman, I am a little disappointed. I was getting geared up to testify about the glaring lack of transparency in the NJDOE under Acting Commissioner Cerf, but I guess it will have to wait. I'm sure it will just give me more ammunition if he ever does get a hearing because I'm not going away, and Cerf isn't going to start playing by the rules.


Jersey Jazzman already recapped how Cerf got tripped up, and how Sweeney ultimately pulled the plug:


State Senate President Steve Sweeney (D-3), West Deptford, shut down the Thursday hearing for Acting Education Commissioner Christopher Cerf based largely on discomfort about Cerf’s declared residency status, a source said.


In the same article that revealed Cerf had "two homes," Christie was playing hard ball: