Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Cerf Nomination Hearing: 2/16/12

Jersey Jazzman: Cerf Nomination Hearing: 2/16/12:

Cerf Nomination Hearing: 2/16/12

I've been alerted that ACTING NJ Education Commissioner Cerf will appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee this coming Thursday, February 16th. Although Cerf has been acting with the full authority of his office for over a year, his formal nomination has been blocked through senatorial courtesy by Senator Ron Rice, who wants him to appear before Rice's Joint Committee on Public Schools.

Cerf is getting around this by claiming he now has two residences. Whatever.

I have to say, I'm actually looking forward to hearing what Cerf has to say as he goes through the process. Because the man has a hell of a lot to answer for. Don't get me wrong; I know the odds are overwhelming that he's going to be nominated. But the plain truth is that this guy has been up to some... stuff over the years, and it's long past time for him to be held to account.

For some background, start with my history of the man's career before the came to New Jersey: The Chris Cerf