Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

60% Teach for America , Inc. recruits and 40% credentialed teachers in Lousiana | Seattle Education

60% Teach for America , Inc. recruits and 40% credentialed teachers in Lousiana | Seattle Education:

60% Teach for America , Inc. recruits and 40% credentialed teachers in Lousiana

Last weekend I posted A letter to Seventh Generation about Teach for America, Inc. by a special education teacher and received the following comment from “frustrated mom” in Louisiana. The information was so appalling that I decided to run this comment as a post. This is what a parent had to say about the presence of TFA, Inc. in her district.

Dora

I am both a retired educator and a parent in Louisiana. Our system here is loaded with TFA at every level, including our state board of education.

I consider the training for educating children extremely important. When I take my child to the doctor, I want him to see someone who has been thoroughly trained, not someone who has fast-tracked into the profession.