Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Teacher Testifies in Opposition to House Bill 2426, the Charter School Bill | Seattle Education

A Teacher Testifies in Opposition to House Bill 2426, the Charter School Bill | Seattle Education:

A Teacher Testifies in Opposition to House Bill 2426, the Charter School Bill

Eric Muhs, a teacher in the Seattle Public School district, braved the ice and snow on Friday, January 20th, with several other brave souls to provide testimony regarding House Bill 2426, the charter school bill. To follow is what he stated:

Hello. My name is Eric Muhs. I teach physics & astronomy at Ballard High School in Seattle. I’ve been teaching for 25 years, and achieved National Board Certification 5 years ago. I work 70 hours a week, and was in the news last year for leading a group of students in placing an experiment aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour. I