Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

School Tech Connect: More on Crain's

School Tech Connect: More on Crain's:

More on Crain's

I've been taking my time reading the withering TRS response to Crain's, and I have to say this one thing: the underlying dishonesty of the Crain's piece goes so far beyond the pale that it achieves an entirely new class of yellow journalism.

I'm going to name names here, so forgive me. But Crain's picks two TRS members out of the blue, and evidently after feeding them some of their foregone conclusions, makes them sound like idiots.

Stacey Gottlieb, 40, a social worker at Cyd Lash Academy in Gages Lake, and her husband, Neil Mott, 37, a Rolling Meadows High School chemistry teacher and chess and tennis coach, have contributed 9% of their salaries to TRS for a combined 23 years. (Local school districts contribute