Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 23, 2012

School Tech Connect: iDon't Need an iPhone That Badly

School Tech Connect: iDon't Need an iPhone That Badly:

iDon't Need an iPhone That Badly

I'm so over Apple products. I was once their biggest fan, too. I guess if I thought the people of China had any chance whatsoever of leveling the field, I'd feel slightly less guilty for my decades of being a groupie. But they don't.

It's weird that with all the modern technology, we don't have webcams available where we can watch the workers on their 12 hour shifts, or monitor the goings-on in the dormitories. We could have parimutuel wagering on which worker will off himself next. The technology is there-- and the market is there, I have no doubt.

Anyway, the world is just going to hell. Last night, I was re-reading parts of A Good Scent From A Strange Mountain, and the Buddhist idea that desire causes suffering is right underneath every story. It makes me think