Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kick In The Door, Wavin’ The 44 [On Writing To Kick Ass] | The Jose Vilson

Kick In The Door, Wavin’ The 44 [On Writing To Kick Ass] | The Jose Vilson:

Kick In The Door, Wavin’ The 44 [On Writing To Kick Ass]

Biggie

One of the questions people ask me is how I do this. Whatever this is. I’m reminded of this every semester or so when a random professor asks students to read my blog for their course or pick a teacher blog that best exemplifies their core beliefs. While privileged to have people read my often disjointed thoughts, I think back to two pivotal moments in my writing, two that I shouldn’t rehash but might give some insight to those of you wishing to write this much this fast.

Let’s be honest: writing like this is a fairly violent act. My writing assumes you’re reading it, then it kicks into your mind and waves a 44-caliber handgun in a space that was only a little curious. I don’t intend on massaging