Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 27, 2012

Diane Ravitch Addresses Sacramento, and Undresses Education Reform « InterACT

Diane Ravitch Addresses Sacramento, and Undresses Education Reform « InterACT:

Diane Ravitch Addresses Sacramento, and Undresses Education Reform

While my main purpose in traveling to Sacramento last week was for an event I helped plan and present, the added benefit was seeing some excellent speeches at the Sacramento Convention Center that evening. The main draw was Diane Ravitch, who delivered a vigorous call to action for the audience of a few thousand like-minded educators and allies. I was positioned to capture some of the event on video, though without a tripod or a proper video camera, I couldn’t capture the whole speech. I’ll be posting some clips of Ravitch, and also some clips from the speech by Linda Darling-Hammond, which was similarly well-received by the teachers I spoke to after the event. I have already posted a short clip of my friend and ACT co-founder Anthony Cody speaking at