Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Is the Job of a Teacher 24/7 | Connected Principals

Is the Job of a Teacher 24/7 | Connected Principals:

Is the Job of a Teacher 24/7



Picture from: nysut.org

I haven’t blogged for a while and have been thinking about what to blog about. I am jealous of all of those in my PLN that blog daily and sometimes more than once a day. After thinking about this for a while I decided to put my thoughts down on “paper”.

Today we talk about child centered learning and the teacher as a facilitator to learning and allowing students to drive the learning with their questions. They are right and this is a major part of the role of the teacher in the 21st Century and it must change from the Sage on the Stage model.

However I believe that this is only part of the role of a teacher. A teacher needs to be a leader and a change