Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 8, 2011

“What the #@*%? Did You Just Hit Me?” When Students Hit Teachers! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!

“What the #@*%? Did You Just Hit Me?” When Students Hit Teachers! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!:

“What the #@*%? Did You Just Hit Me?” When Students Hit Teachers!



And no, those four marks represent the word “H-E- Two sticks”, not the other word. Although I have to admit, I don’t know what word that teacher was thinking at that moment it happened. She was slapped. Slapped hard. By a first grader. Seriously?

I remember 7th grade, George Gershwin JHS in East New York, Brooklyn, Felicia hit our teacher. No, I can’t remember the teacher’s name, but I remember hers. We were shocked, but suffice to say, what followed next, shocked us even more. The teacher hit her back! It turned into an all-out, hair-pulling brawl! All the students were screaming, the librarian was yelling for help, it was total and complete chaos!

I had a student in another class elbow me, hard, when we were on a class trip. I