Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Innovative Educator: Five Reasons I'm Not Flipping Over The Flipped Classroom

The Innovative Educator: Five Reasons I'm Not Flipping Over The Flipped Classroom:

Five Reasons I'm Not Flipping Over The Flipped Classroom


If you've read my thoughts about the Flipped Classroom in USA Today this week, you probably are either in agreement with my caution over the excitement around the flipped classroom made popular by Sal Kahn or you are a flipped classroom advocate who wants to convince me and other innovative educators that flipping is for everyone.

While I certainly see benefits in flipping instruction as I wrote about earlier this year, there are also reasons to move ahead with caution.
Here's Why:
  1. We have yet to bridge the digital divide...