Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Teacher’s Thoughts About an Academic Walkthrough « City School Stories

A Teacher’s Thoughts About an Academic Walkthrough « City School Stories:

A Teacher’s Thoughts About an Academic Walkthrough

Teacher Stories

Submitted by Teacher Man on October 20, 2011

During my first year of teaching, a coworker did an incredibly kind and helpful thing for me. I was gathering myself at the end of very long day when this individual walked into my classroom and handed me a post-it note. It read, “On 10/12/2008 Sharae said ‘Mr. A. You are my favorite teacher”.

My colleague told me to stick this message to the bottom of my desk drawer and after (or during) tough days, sneak a quick peak at it whenever I needed to create some positive thoughts and feelings for myself. That note