Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 23, 2011

School Tech Connect: Damned Luddites!

School Tech Connect: Damned Luddites!:

Damned Luddites!

I suppose I should chime in on the Waldorf piece in the Times, so here goes.

In case you didn't read it, Waldorf schools eschew a lot of technology. Good for them. My feeling is that you can do anything well, and you can do anything poorly. I've known people who've taught in Waldorf schools. As in all of education, they've had the whole range of opinions about their schools, but the general feeling is that they do what they do well.

I live near a Waldorf school, and therefore I'm a huge expert. My only observations are these:

1. Waldorf parents shop at Urban Outfitters and Banana Republic. It's upscale granola, running a range from