Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I’m an accountant. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I’m an accountant. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

I’m an accountant.

It happened again Saturday night.

Anne and I were as a social event with people I didn’t know. We were seated at a table along with two other couples, both much younger than we are.

“What do you do?”

“I’m a K-5 art teacher.”

As I often point out, in the old days this answer would have produced a smile and a response like, “Oh, that must be fun.” There would be nowhere to go after that and we would move on to other topics of small talk.

Not now.

They always want to talk about tenure, seniority, firing teachers, contracts and test scores.


Hilarious. Andrew Breitbart warns that #occupychicago will put LSD in the drinking water. Wait. No. That was the Yippies in ’68.

Breitman says #occupychicago leader threatens LSD in city water. Wait. No. That’s Abbie Hoffman in ’68.

Andrew Breitbart, the loony right-wing blogger, featured a post on his Big Government blog yesterday warning of massive violence at the day’s #occupychicago march.

Needless to say, there was none.

The post, written by somebody named Joel Pollak, breathlessly warned that “the Chicago demonstration is the