Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Engaging Parents In School… - The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Home Visits

Engaging Parents In School… - The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Home Visits:

The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Home Visits

I’m a big proponent of teachers making home visits, and I wrote a chapter about it in my book on parent engagement. I work closely with the Parent-Teacher Home Visit Project, which happens to be based in Sacramento.

I thought it might be useful if I brought together some of the related resources I’ve posted about over the past year.

Here are my choices for The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Home Visits:


“An Interview with PTA President Betsy Landers”

The Learning First blog today published “An Interview with PTA President Betsy Landers.”

It’s worth a visit.


“Teachers increasingly use home visits to connect with students’ families”

“Teachers increasingly use home visits to connect with students’ families” is a lengthy article that appeared in The Washington Post.

It’s definitely worth a read….