Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All Education Matters: We are the 99 Percent Tumblr: 17-year-old Indentured Educated Girl #ows

All Education Matters: We are the 99 Percent Tumblr: 17-year-old Indentured Educated Girl:

We are the 99 Percent Tumblr: 17-year-old Indentured Educated Girl

I can't take credit for this image. It comes from the outstanding blog, "We are the 99 Percent Tumblr."

THIS. LOOK AT THIS. Her sign speaks volumes about how we have stopped investing in our children - our future. She is one of us now. She is an indentured educated citizen, and she is only 17-years-old. This is heart-wrenching. This is unjust. This is cruel. This is economic slavery at its worst. THIS. THIS is why I support Occupy Wall Street. Because, like this young woman, I too am the the 99%. I too want my future back. I want to know that this young woman gets her future back. It is time. It is time NOW. NOW. Not tomorrow. Not in the future. NOW. We're through with your platitudinous promises. We're through. We're living the American dream