Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 7, 2011

All Education Matters: Another Platform for the Indentured Educated Class: Seriously Subversive

All Education Matters: Another Platform for the Indentured Educated Class: Seriously Subversive:

Another Platform for the Indentured Educated Class: Seriously Subversive

The folks at Hypervocal extended a gracious invitation to me, and asked if I'd be interested in being a contributor at their site. I accepted the offer! My new column is called Seriously Subversive, and that is where I will be covering - in part - my trips across the country to report about #OWS. I will also (of course) write about the student lending crisis, economics, politics, etc. for them. There will be a slight twist, if that's the right way of putting it. There's gonna be some levity in these pieces, and I think that's what we all need. It reminds me of the excitement we're getting from these nationwide protests. It's given me a bounce in my step, and it feels damned good. Do you also see what this means for the indentured educated class? Our voice is getting louder and louder and louder. I'm just getting warmed up, and I know you are too! (There have been so many offers to volunteer for AEM, and I am grateful for the help - I desperately need it).

This stuff is still serious business, but we gotta have some fun, too.

On another note, I want to thank SparkAction for their continued interest in my work. They publish my pieces on