Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Network~Net Work | Connected Principals

Network~Net Work | Connected Principals:

Network~Net Work



Click here to view the embedded video.

“We are often better served by connecting ideas than we are by protecting them.” ~ Steven Johnson

It turns out that almost all really good ideas are the product of collaboration (this may, or may not, be a blatantly obvious statement). In education this great insight is known in theory, but not always in application, as evidenced by the practices that are often put into place in both in classrooms and schools.

A long time ago I stumbled upon an Alfie Kohn article on cooperative learning that sparked me to think carefully about how I structured the learning environment for my students. It became more and more important for me to establish processes and create the conditions for my students to work together: by talking to one another,