Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… - The Best Resources On ESL/EFL/ELL Error Correction

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… - The Best Resources On ESL/EFL/ELL Error Correction:

The Best Resources On ESL/EFL/ELL Error Correction

I’ve been doing some research on the controversial issue of error correction (primarily grammar-related) and English Language Learners. In my book, English Language Learners: Teaching Strategies That Work, I talk about some of the research. In it, I share my belief in using little overt correction with individual students and, instead, collect examples of student errors and use them in regular classwide inductive learning and game activities (without identifying who made the errors). In addition, I talk about the use of Dialogue Journals and “recasting” student errors.

In my upcoming ELL book, I talk a bit more about the topic, too.

I thought readers might find it useful to see links to some of the research on the topic that’s available online,