Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I’m rooting for the Tigers this year. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I’m rooting for the Tigers this year. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

I’m rooting for the Tigers this year.

“Is there going to be a strike, are there going to be layoffs? I know what that’s about.”

Detroit Tigers General Manager Jim Leyland.

“…My dad was a factory worker. I worked in a factory,” Leyland said.

“I know what it’s like for my dad trying to feed seven kids and worrying if the plant was going to shut down, or move to another place. Is there going to be a strike, are there going to be layoffs? I know what that’s about.

“And these people (Tigers fans), what they’ve gone through to keep coming out here, that’s unbelieveable. I was totally being sincere. And it is emotional for me.”

Leyland continued, “I’m not ashamed to say I had brothers who worked in the