Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exhausted, Discouraged, and Thankful « InterACT

Exhausted, Discouraged, and Thankful « InterACT:

Exhausted, Discouraged, and Thankful

I don’t know how many people noticed, but I haven’t posted in a while. I know a few people noticed some comments I made on Twitter recently about my current state of mind around education politics and media coverage, and it’s that state of mind that has contributed to my writer’s block. Add to that the adjustment to a new school year and new work arrangements (I’m now doing two part-time jobs), and well… it’s been an unusual few weeks.

student book

While we're busy in the classroom, the debates go on without us. (photo by the author)

What’s bugging me is the sense that education reform debates and policy wrangling are constant and in high