Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

School Tech Connect: In Fairness To Arne

School Tech Connect: In Fairness To Arne

In Fairness To Arne

If you've read this blog for even five minutes, you know what I think of the charter school movement and of Secretary Duncan. I've been pretty harsh.

This doesn't change my opinion, but it's interesting, and it does show that the secretary can scare up a persona that goes beyond the avuncular nonentity he sometimes projects. I would like to know what has resulted in the year since he frankly challenged the charter people to address the design flaws in their model. I haven't really heard if they've made a systemic commitment to the ELL issue, the special ed issue, the creaming issue, or frankly any other issue that he rightly challenges them on in the clip.

I'm just posting this to point out that even though I disagree with basically every underlying assumption of RTTT and NCLB and most of the Blueprint, and the