Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Debate camp in Oakland | The Education Report

Debate camp in Oakland | The Education Report

Debate camp in Oakland

By Katy Murphy
Monday, August 8th, 2011 at 10:48 pm in high schools, students.

Rashid Campbell (Skyline High School Class of 2010, soon-to-be sophomore at University of Oklahoma) and Annessa Lopez (rising junior at Skyline) tell us all about last week’s Bay Area Urban Debate League summer camp, a free institute that was held last week at Oakland’s Westlake Middle School. – Katy

Rashid CampbellRASHID CAMPBELL: Being from Oakland has taught me a lot about how to deal with and handle certain situations. As stressful as the competition of debate gets some times, I know I have been through more, and every hard experience I have had actually helps me win in debate. I am one of those debaters that brings poetry and stories about what has happened to me and my people into the arguments I use in competition, and I am motivated to help the