Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 2 – The AERO Education Conference in Portland | Lefty Parent

Day 2 – The AERO Education Conference in Portland | Lefty Parent

Day 2 – The AERO Education Conference in Portland

Once again experimenting with this thing of blogging each day from an event. Not terribly satisfied with yesterday’s quickly written piece… but on with the experiment!

As I said yesterday, this my third AERO conference, my strategy has evolved to focusing on connecting with people, not so much in attending workshops for the content of those sessions. Today I continued to reconnect with (and introduce Sally to) people I had previously met, while also meeting and connecting with some new folks.

Sally and I attended a workshop on alternative education in Japan, led by Pat Montgomery who I had originally met at the AERO conference in 2008. Pat is the founder and continues to be the director of the Clonlara free