Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 22, 2011

NYC Public School Parents: Support Aniya's law by Sam Pirozzolo

NYC Public School Parents: Support Aniya's law by Sam Pirozzolo

Support Aniya's law by Sam Pirozzolo


Dear Friends and Neighbors:
I would like to give you a brief update on the pending NYS bill to compel the Dept. of Education to restore yellow school bus service to 7th and 8th grade students(Bill #A2988A). CEC member Mike Reilly and I were present at a meeting in the office of NYS Assemblyman Michael Cusick this week. At that meeting, ALL of the NYS & NYC legislators from Staten Island (Assembly members, Senators and CityCouncil members) were present or represented.
First I am compelled to share a few thoughts of my own. Since the day of Aniya’s death, I - like many of you - have thought about what I would do or how I would act if one of my children were suddenly taken from me. If you have had these thoughts too then you