Yes, I occasionally hug trees. If the tree looks friendly, why not?
I am:
  • a teacher, learner, writer, and advocate
  • a foodie, musician, and avid do-it-yourselfer
  • a cynical idealist
  • an “old soul”
  • politically independent
I believe:
  • that freedom is a birthright
  • that an empowering education is essential to maintaining that freedom (duh.)
  • that education does not happen only at school, or end after graduation
  • that learning may not always be comfortable, but that it should always be meaningful and interesting
  • that difference strengthens communities
  • that means matter as much as their ends
Other random facts & semi-important info:
  • My last name is actually two names separated by a space: “Stevens Shupe”. That’s why I always write them out– if you’re quoting me, you should too :)
  • If you’d like to work with me on something, just get in touch! I’m always interested in connecting with others and finding new ways to help create positive change.
To learn why I’m not teaching this year, and why I became an education activist, click here.
If you’re interested in my credentials and work experience, connect with me on LinkedIn. View Sabrina Stevens Shupe's LinkedIn profile
If you want to keep up with what I’m thinking and reading in 140 characters or less, follow me on Twitter. Follow TeacherSabrina on Twitter
If you can handle more than 140 characters, head over to the blog.