Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 18, 2011

School Tech Connect: ISTE Preflections

School Tech Connect: ISTE Preflections

ISTE Preflections

Ok, "preflections" really should be a word. I hereby declare it to be one.

Putting my technology hat back on for a moment, let me say that I'm looking forward to ISTE, although mainly just for the sake of being in Philly and soaking up the local friendliness. What a great, great town! If I didn't live here, I'd live there.

My interests in technology have changed since the dawn of the personal computer age, although that hardly seems worth retelling here. Although, the more I think about it, the more interesting a story it seems. For me, the Commodore 64 that my dad brought home was like a ticket out of the universe-- I had no interest in programming but I instantly saw the social part of it, and when my dad finally brought home a primitive modem, that was that.

These days, I'm lucky enough to work in a well-