Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If You Blog, Blog About Education… - Lily's Blackboard #nn11

If You Blog, Blog About Education… - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard
Save the Dream Act

If You Blog, Blog About Education…

I’m going to a blogger’s convention. I have a blog. Oh yeah. You’re reading it. I’m never sure who might actually find my blog, but I know my mother enjoys it. And my uncle in Panamá. But I’m going to a blogger’s convention to talk to other bloggers and through them, I hope to find those who might actually find other bloggers’ blogs. I want other bloggers and their readers to know why they should care about education even though they might not blog about education.

Some of these bloggers write about health. I want to talk to them about healthy schools and the air our children breathe. I want them to understand that hundreds of thousands of students miss hundreds of thousands of school days because they stay home with asthma.

So many schools have cut back on custodial staff who keep the ventilation systems running and who make sure floors and carpets are clean.When you cut back on a clean building, kids get sick. I want them to know that one of the major correlations to kids dropping out of school is the number of days of school missed. And the Number One reason kids miss school is sickness. And the Number One common sickness: Asthma. Bloggers who care about

Join us at Netroots Nation!

Join Lily, prominent bloggers, and activists from across the nation to engage in a productive discussion about the compelling education issues of the day. If you are at Netroots, stop by, if not, follow our livestream and updates.

share