Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Biden. Yes, that’s the ticket. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Biden. Yes, that’s the ticket. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Biden. Yes, that’s the ticket.

I’m having my coffee at Peets this morning.

“So. I hear you’re the chairman of all the teachers in town,” says Laura, the store manager.

“Huh?” I look up from the New York Times I’m reading on my iPad.

“You’re the chairman. That’s what I hear.”

“Hardly,” I say. “I’m lucky when they call on me. I’m not exactly a favorite of the big boys.”

Laura laughs. “Not surprised,” she says.

But maybe my opposition to the early no strings endorsement of the Obama administration has gotten NEA President Dennis Van Roekel so rattled that they’re bringing in the big guns.

It has been announced that Joe Biden is addressing the delegates