Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

School Tech Connect: So Perky, So Effective

School Tech Connect: So Perky, So Effective

So Perky, So Effective

This was so me back in the early 80's, except that I had an education degree. RIF'd by Mesa Unified. I was so perky, so much better than people with more experience. So popular, so effective, so always-calling-home-with-praise. Of course, this was in the days before being a data laser, but had I been born twenty years later, I would have been so all about the data, too.

Then, after a dozen more years or so, I grew up and joined the profession, and I've been mortified ever since at how self-important I was as a newbie. In the intervening years, I have forgotten more than I ever even knew during my first five years. It never occurred to me as a young man to complain about LIFO, but then again, I think we