Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick hit: NYC parents speak out « Failing Schools

Quick hit: NYC parents speak out « Failing Schools

Quick hit: NYC parents speak out

MAY 27, 2011
by Sabrina

My son has a wonderful teacher, she is patient, understanding, intelligent and best of all she loves the children.

I had the pleasure of going on a few trips with the class. I watch Mrs. Javidi talk and interact with the children. Wow she is great. My child can read, he writes, he knows how to add, and I can go on and on about the wonderful job that she has done with my son.

Now she is having a baby of her own and I tell you the baby is lucky already. But she and her husband, who is also a teacher, are at risk of losing their jobs. Politicians go on TV, on the radio and encourage good teachers to come teach in NEW YORK public schools, because it’s the best in the nation. Now we have Great Teachers and