Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Love Is The Base, Not The Exponent (A Theorem Semi-Proven) | The Jose Vilson

Love Is The Base, Not The Exponent (A Theorem Semi-Proven) | The Jose Vilson

Love Is The Base, Not The Exponent (A Theorem Semi-Proven)

Recently, I’ve been going over exponents with my students for the big math state test next week. Not sure if it was the chalk hitting my nose or the positivity I’ve surrounded myself with, but I’ve been thinking lots about this idea of love. Thus, I was prompted to put out this thought a couple of days ago:

Love is the base, not the exponent.

Here’s my reasoning:

Let’s assume the value of love you have is greater than 1 (love being a variable), and that your exponent is the amount of people in your circle of influence (you can have positive or negative people, in character of course). I